Spectrios Institute for Low Vision is a not-for-profit low vision clinic—a 501 (c) 3 organization. We depend on the help and generosity of many individuals and organizations to continue providing our comprehensive range of low vision rehabilitation services.
Gifts of your time, talent, or treasure in any amount make a difference. People with low vision suﬀer because their condition is one that does not make headlines and therefore does not draw the attention that other causes attract. We deeply appreciate the support we receive that allows us to continue expanding the low vision services we oﬀer.
There are a variety of ways to get involved with Spectrios Institute with the generous gift of your time, your expertise, or your ﬁnancial support. Here are just a few ways to get involved:
- Sign up to receive one of our newsletters for adults or children
- Attend an upcoming event
- Volunteer with our team of compassionate staﬀ and low vision doctors
- Help out with a special skill or experience in education, administrative assistance, or fundraising
- Help with the planning of special events
- Speak about our programs to civic, religious, and other local organizations
- Provide patients with transportation
- Make follow-up phone calls with our clients to help us know how their rehabilitation is progressing
- Buy a commemorative brick in our sidewalk or patio
- Make a donation to meet a speciﬁc need or to help expand our services
- Make a provision in your will
Volunteerism is the backbone of organizations like ours, and it comes in a multitude of sizes, shapes, and talents. It can be spending just an hour a week to help around the office, or installing and maintaining a computer system, or writing newsletters. Every year we recognize those individuals who go the extra mile for our patients and our cause with the Volunteers of the Year awards.
Won't you consider getting involved with the Spectrios Institute?If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact Elizabeth Loan, our director of community relations, at (630) 690-7115 ext.124.